5.30pm - All Levels
Address: 1 Club Road, Pemberton
Slow Yin Yoga
A gentler therapeutic practice designed to open the heart centre, release neck, shoulder and lower back tension, hip-opening and to provide a much needed deep rest to the mind. Yin uses passive and relaxing postures that are held longer with the help of props. Moving through a simple yet effective sequence that addresses energetic congestion and cleansing and physical alignment. The practice draws from a range of traditions including Yin Yoga, restorative yoga, and Hatha Yoga.
This class is for all levels, designed for those who sits for long period of time at home or at work, who is only active occasionally or play competitive sports part time. The impact of simply sitting for hours can lead to tight hamstrings, hips, shoulders and back. Incorporating a slow strengthening and stretching, with longer holds between poses to target deep restorative stretch in muscles and connective tissues.
Please take a moment to read the following studio etiquette:
- Arrive 15mins prior to class for your first session. This is particularly important if you are needing to pay.
- Please enquire availability.
- If a class falls on a public holiday, it will be automatically cancelled.
- Yoga mats are not provided. Acquiring a yoga mat is very personal, it is your sacred space. Shop for Mukti Mats.
- There are limited blankets to go around during relaxation as your body starts cooling down, please bring one if necessary.
- Yoga blocks are an excellent tool to have, during class and for home practice. Please consider investing in two.
- Please inform the instructor if you have a medical condition; a instructor's role is to encourage, inspire and support you, so please speak to your instructor if you have any questions or concerns.
- It is recommended not to eat heavy 2 hours before yoga. Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach.